Wednesday, December 2, 2009

YES YOU CANVAS!

I had the opportunity to visit Yes You Canvas! for the first time to celebrate my best friend and roommate's 29th birthday. I have to say, it was a great venue for a group. It would make a fun date, too! The artist/instructor, David Durrett, is very patient and accommodating (he stayed about half an hour after everyone else left to help one of my perfectionist friends with her painting). You could probably check out the website to get the detail, but the gist of the workings behind it are as follows.
  1. Check out the calendar online to make a reservation.
  2. Pick a painting you like (everyone paints the same thing) on a day that works for you and your crew.
  3. Reserve your seat by making a payment online (cost is only $35 plus tax and includes the canvas).
  4. Grab your snacks and wine before your class (I suggest getting there at least 15-30 minutes early to get situated - station set-up, smocks on, and wine poured). Adult night classes typically start at 7pm. Plan to stick around at least 3 hours - this depends on how involved the painting you picked is (again, details are on the website). We brought a cooler, but they have a mini-fridge you can use.
  5. GET YOUR PAINT ON!
I had never painted on canvas before my first visit here (I keep saying first because I plan on making multiple visits!). I think no matter your artistic level, you will definitely surprise yourself!

http://www.yesyoucanvas.com/

Lakewood Shopping Center
6012 San Jose Boulevard
(904) 993-9047
Contact: David Durrett
mail@YesYouCanvas.com



No comments:

Post a Comment